HSS 228

HSS 228: The Internet & Global Society and Culture
This blog was created to expand the knowledge of the Internet to real practice and develop skills with the creation of a blog. Through the duration of this blog, I will provide insight to my design process as I seek to create inspired costumes for the production of Ah, Wilderness! for my costume design class.

Mp3 Player Widget

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ah, Wilderness! Clip

This video clip shows a scene from the 1935 film Ah, Wilderness!. It shows some of the innocence of the age in the relationship between Richard and Muriel and the idyllic lifestyle enjoyed by the middle classes. However, the fashion is more in the style of the 1930's, not so much the turn-of-the-century style that is historically accurate.




Ah, Wilderness!. Dir. Clarence Brown. Perf. Mickey Rooney, Lionel Barrymore, Wallace Beery. Warner Bros., 1935. VHS.

2 comments:

  1. My definition of pretty things is not exactly the same as this blog and I also do not have much of an understanding of the fashion in this film but never the less I can still appreciate this posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, society has deviated a lot from its former self. People used to dress appropriately while maintaining a sense of refinement. I feel like we've lost that over the years. Thanks for posting this video!

    ReplyDelete